Saturday, March 31, 2012
Zakaria: Incarceration nation – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs - "I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol," Mr. Robertson said in a recent interview. "I've never used marijuana and I don't intend to, but it's just one of those things that I think. This war on drugs just hasn't succeeded." The reason Robertson is for legalizing marijuana is that it has created a prison problem in America that is well beyond what most Americans imagine. "It's completely out of control," Mr. Robertson said. "Prisons are being overcrowded with juvenile offenders having to do with drugs. And the penalties - the maximums - some of them could get 10 years for possession of a joint of marijuana. It makes no sense at all." -- No other country comes even close to our rates of incarceration. We have 760 prisoners per 100,000 people. Most European countries have one seventh that number - Zakaria
Posted by The Meck at 11:43 PM
Tim Tebow Trade: Broncos Reportedly Shopped Tebow During NFL Combine - SB Nation Denver - Bradley Woodrum - As early as the 2012 NFL Combine, the Denver Broncos seemed to have committed to finding a new quarterback. According to The Florida Times-Union, the Broncos had begun "quietly shopping" QB Tim Tebow during the February NFL Combine -- weeks before agreeing to terms with free agent QB Peyton Manning.
Posted by The Meck at 11:33 PM
Did Bobby Knight fall asleep on set? - Yardbarker - Earlier today during ESPN’s broadcast, it appears that Bobby Knight fell asleep. Maybe he was just Tebowing and saying a prayer that Kentucky doesn’t win. Either way, Digger Phelps made sure to alert him.
Posted by The Meck at 9:57 PM
- THE MECK REPORT
- MEYER & ASSOCIATES - WE PROVIDE INCOME TAX PREPARATION - BOOKKEEPING & PAYROLL SERVICE FOR BUSINESS OWNERS - OUR TEAM IS PREPARED TO HELP YOU WITH QUALITY TAX & ACCOUNTING SERVICES - JANETTE MEYER WITH 50 PLUS YEARS OF PERSONAL SERVICE - LOCAL & NATIONWIDE 1-800-7826486 - (270) 282-7218.
- MAGNOLIA PRESERVE APARTMENT LIVING - BEST IN THE WIREGRASS - DOTHAN, AL - MENTION THE MECK & GET AT LEAST $200 DISCOUNT
- JOHN JOHN STEENSLAND - GREAT LAWYER - DOTHAN, AL
- PARKMAN WHITE LAW FIRM: EXCELLENT LAW FIRM - DOTHAN - BIRMINGHAM -
- DR. RON SEALOCK / OPTOMETRIST
- DLS VOICE PRODUCTIONS