Monday, May 23, 2011

Former Mets teammates support Carter as brain exam looms - NYPost

Posted by The Meck

excerpt ..
Ron Darling, a Mets pitcher from 1983-91 and now an SNY color commentator, said that strong nuclear family will help Carter through his ordeal.

"It's so sad. I've got my regular family and I've got my baseball family, and Gary's one of the biggest people in that baseball family," Darling said. "He has great faith, great family, so he's got an entire roster of people that are going to help him through this. That's more than a lot of people have, so I'm sure [it helps]. He's not called The Kid for nothing, and we want him around for a long time.

"To hear that news, there are two things that cross my mind. One, how I hope the news is good once he gets out of Duke Medical Center. But then secondly, he said he didn't want to make the last out in the sixth game of the '86 World Series. That says a lot about what kind of person he is, and how he's going to fight this."

Read more:
Former Mets teammates support Carter as brain exam looms - NYPost
-
The Meck Report / Blog - May 23, 2011 - 11:28a
-
Subscribe To The Meck Report/Blog - Rt column
www.TheMeck.com

No comments: