Friday, December 08, 2006

THE MECK RADIO SHOW w/ BIG JIM Kearce and The Meck 12/08/06

--
The Meck Radio Show .. Only @ TheMeck.com
New Shows Posted Weekdays. You Can Listen Any Day .. 24/7.

--
The Meck Radio Show w/ BIG JIM Kearce and The Meck 12/08/06
www.TheMeck.com Posted 1:11a ct. Show Time: 34 Mins.

Meck Notes ..
10:43 - Thurs. Nite
I read the breaking news on www.Finebaum.com
" Rodriguez agrees to become Alabama's next football coach" - Birmingham News link]
---

BIG JIM Kearce - A longtime friend/guest visits with The Meck.
Of Note: Jim Kearce played football for the Garnett and Gold.
An FSU alumn and longtime season ticket holder.

Jim Kearce shares his thoughts on Dick Meckley.
Singing Amazing Grace w/ John McKay. [Memorial Service - 17th green - TPC Sawgrass.]
--
Jim Kearce talks about his friend - Bobby Bowden.
1962 - Jim enrolled at Cumberland Law School.
Bobby Bowden [ Head Football Coach ] at Samford University in Birmingham.

Bobby: 'Jim .. Did you know that your alma - mater [ FSU] has offered me a job ?'
[ Bobby was asked by Coach Bill Peterson to work with the receivers. - FSU]

Big Jim calls Dean Stone - FSU.

Jim: ' Bobby .. Dean Stone, [Chair - Athletic Council] said Tell him to
sit steady in the boat for 36 hrs.'

Headlines:[ Post-Herald] " Bowden leaves Samford for FSU"
--

re Bobby Bowden - staying as FSU Coach.

" Some have forgotten where we have come from." - Jim Kearce.

" Nobody has done more for that university [ FSU] on any level than Bobby Bowden."- Jim Kearce
--

ALL-TIME Wins: Bowden 365. Paterno 362. Bryant 323.

" I have a feeling that Bobby Bowden will win 400 games before he leaves FSU
and put it [ 400 ] out of reach." - Jim Kearce

Really .. ?
[That would be 4 years. Averaging 9 wins a season.]

'" Bobby Bowden thinks Paul Bryant is the greatest coach of all-time." - Jim Kearce
--

Jim talks about his cousin Dixie Howell .. The famed Quarterback at Alabama in the 30's.
' Howell to Hudson.' The other end was Paul Bryant.
Grantland Rice gave Millard Howell his nickname -" Dixie."
Bama at Fordham game -Yankee Stadium.

Jim - a personal story re Coach Bryant helping him connect in New York.

Thanks Big Jim for giving us your thoughts and unique stories.
We appreciate you and your TIME.
Meck
--

Coming soon on The Meck Radio Show.
Interviews with Donald Watkins - Business Icon.
Paul Finebaum - Talk Show Host.
Bobby Cox - The Best Manager in the history of Baseball.
Bobby Clampett - golfer/announcer for CBS and TNT.
--

Please Bookmark the www.TheMeck.com in your favorites
and forward the page to your friends.

Thanks for listening. Turn it up baby.

Meck

Please click on link to hear today's show.

http://www.themeck.com/html/radioshow.htm
--

DLS Voice Productions
Professional Copywriting, Producing, Voicing
DEMO: www.myspace.com/dlsvoiceproduction
--

T I M E spells L O V E
Written by Eddie Carswell and Michael O'Brien
Father's Day, Mother's Day, EVERY Day...

Listen @ www.TheMeck.com

T I M E spells L O V E

Throw me the ball Daddy
I've been waiting all day
I'm so glad you're home and we got some time
So Let's go out and play
Just me and you
It's my favorite thing to do
Daddy I'm tellin' the truth

Chorus
T I M E time
Spells L O V E love
And Love is the one thing
This world needs more of
The choice is up to you
So what will you do
With your T I M E Time
and your L O V E love

I'll never forget you Daddy
You taught me the game so well
It's taken me places I never dreamed
So many stories to tell
How the time has come and gone
And now I have a son of my own
And I'm making sure your memory lives on

Bridge
I've heard it said a time or two
This game of life can take from you
But I found out love isn't really love
Till you give it away

TheMeck.com

No comments: